- Variable Elasticity Shell: All Sweet Protection hard-shell helmets have a variable elasticity shell. It means that the shell is elastic in some areas, and rigid in other areas to optimize protection performance. The Switcher helmet is a hybrid between hard shell and in-mold which provide the same properties. In-mold snow helmets does not have variable elasticity shell.
- In-mold Construction: In-mold helmets has a very thin polycarbonate shell. The shell is molded to the EPS shock absorbing structure and fused together in one process. The benefit is an extremely light construction with shell and EPS in one piece.
- Impact Shields: All snow helmets apart from the Ascender has impact shields front and back in higher density EPS to compensate for the sharper radius of the head’s geometry in these areas. It can either be integrated, in-molded or inserted as a separate piece inside the helmet.
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System): The MIPS Brain Protection System is found between the comfort padding and the EPS shock absorbing structure. For certain impacts, the MIPS system can reduce harmful forces transmitted to the brain by letting the helmet rotate relative to the head of the user.
Looper/Looper MIPS Specifications
- Intended use/target customer: From the park to the backcountry, the Looper helmet provides performance in a clean and modern package. Jib, bonk, spin or ride the pow, the Looper helmet covers it all.
- Protection performance: In-molded impact shields front and back in higher density EPS to compensate for the sharper radius of the head’s geometry in these areas. MIPS brain protection is optional and provided in all colors.
- Other key features: The Looper helmet will provide perfect goggle fit with the entire range of Sweet Protection goggles due to the especially engineered goggle interface. The ear pads are easily removeable, and audio ready. The goggle clip can be removed without the need for tools.